Despite being August, it’s that time of year when the nights are drawing in and summer is fast disappearing. Coats are hitting the high street in all colours and designs and this means it’s time to start picking which trends you are going to be rocking this Winter with your long-term investment. I’ve started looking around for my coat for AW2013 and these are a few I came up with which I thought I’d include in a special Wednesday Wishes:
1. H&M Parka – £29.99 in Black or Khaki Green, sizes 8 – 16. I’d prefer mine in a Khaki Green (as pictured), it’s the cheapest of the bunch and doesn’t have that annoying fluff trimming around the hood that undoubtedly ends up in your mouth (you know what I mean). I also like that it has a drawstring around the waist, I always find that coats always make you look bigger than you actual are due to the lack of waist, so that solves that equation.
2. River Island Navy Contrast Trim Pea Coat – £55.00, sizes 6 – 18. I am still liking the Navy-style coats that came in AW2012, they are perfectly fitted for a female figure and always look good when you want to look your best on a formal day at the office or night out. They just aren’t the best in the rain!
3. River Island Light Brown Leather Look Sleeve Trench Coat – £85.00, sizes 6 – 18. I love this variation on the regular trench coat, I always found Trenches and Macs to be a bit plain, that’s fine if you prefer that look but this design looks a little less straight-forward. The leather sleeves give it a stylish edge whilst not clashing with the regular brown trench coat. I love a good re-work of an original.
4. Next Khaki Trim Parka – £75.00, sizes 6 – 22. I tried this on in Next the other day, I was pleasantly surprised by the inner sheepskin lining, hence why it’s featured. The hood and the lining would make this a warm purchase for a cold winter ahead, just not so keen on the faux fur hood trim (sorry!).
5. Topshop Longline Leather-look Wool Biker – £75.00, sizes 8 – 16. As ever, I am always looking for THAT leather jacket that is going to better the last. My current one is looking a little worn and tight across the chest, so maybe it’s time for an upgrade. I like this slightly longer body and the original biker design. Perfect for spring too!
6. Topshop MOTO Banana Print Denim Biker – £60.00, sizes 4 – 16. This is the wildcard; sold out in most Topshops, you’ll be lucky to find one. The print is exactly what I love in clothing – bright and brash. The yellow of the bananas and the black of the background contrast wonderfully and you’e sure to be noticed in this come rain or shine. You just may need an umbrella as it’s not waterproof!
7. Topshop Hooded Lightweight Jacket – £60.00, sizes 4 – 16. Something I can imagine seeing on Countryfile, surprisingly I love this simple green design with tartan inner lining. It’s all you really need in a coat and lightweight, the last two years I’ve been swamped in military jackets so this would make a refreshing change.
8. Zara Coat with Gathering on the Shoulder – £99.99, sizes XS – L. If you want to stand out in a crowd, then this is really for you. Bolder than the bananas option, this red coat would be great with a simple black dress underneath and minimalist jewellery. Let the coat do the talking.
9. Zara Houndstooth Coat – £109.00, sizes XS – XL. Always a fan of the classic Houndstooth but a little too scared to rock it, this coat is incredibly tempting but perhaps a little out of my price range.
10. Zara Fantasy Coat – £69.99, sizes S – XL. Lastly, I wanted to add another injection of colour into my choices so included this mustard gem. It has little in the way of shape but it does look incredibly cosy with a ‘blazer-esque’ touch.
Have you spotted this year’s coat already on the high street?