Every Sunday I always want an extraordinary breakfast, one that makes me feel like I’ve worked hard all week for this little treat. I’ve found my Sunday recipe to follow and it couldn’t be easier. Now all I need do is make a nice, big cup of coffee and pop open my laptop whilst they’re in the oven. Bliss.
As well as being incredibly soft and low in fat, these Nutella croissants are perfect for a sweet-savoury morning…
For 12 croissants you’ll need:
1 packet of instant yeast
80ml of warm milk
300g of flour
40g icing sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
2 large eggs
80g soft butter
12 teaspoons of Nutella
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon milk
1. Prepare the yeast and mix it with flour and milk. Cover and let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt and sugar. Add in the butter and eggs until you obtain a firm, smooth dough.
3. Knead a dozen minutes then add the yeast and continue to knead for 5 minutes.
4. Put the dough in a clean bowl, cover and let it rise until it doubles its volume.
5. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 5 mm so to obtain a circle.
6. Using a cutting wheel, cut 12 triangles and put a teaspoon of Nutella on the base of each triangle.
7. Start to roll the dough base until the end. Then transfer them to a plate covered with baking paper.
8. Allow the croissants time to double their volume again.
9. Mix the egg yolk with the tablespoon of milk and brush the surface of your croissants with the egg-milk mixture.
10. Cook them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Have you ever made croissants before? How did they turn out? What is your Sunday breakfast of choice?