When I was a kid, my mum used to make me the most imaginative desserts and by far, this was one of my favourites, so I wanted to share it with you. She ALWAYS let me put on the gummy worms at the end, my favourite part.
1 packet Oreo Cookies
2 packets instant chocolate pudding
As much milk is needed for your instant chocolate pudding mix
225g cream cheese, at room temperature
57g butter, at room temperature
128g powdered sugar
225g whipped cream
1. Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs using a food processor (or, place the cookies in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin); set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together both boxes of the instant pudding with the milk for about 2 minutes. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and butter on a medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low, add the powdered sugar, then gradually increase the speed back to medium until you have a fluffy texture.
4. Using a rubber spatula, fold the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate pudding, then fold in the whipped cream until completely combined.
5. The dessert can be assembled in a number of ways – in a rectangular or square serving dish, in a trifle dish, or in individual cups. However you plan to serve it, layer the dessert with alternating layers of the crushed Oreos and pudding mixture, beginning and ending with the crushed Oreos. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) before serving. Decorate the top with gummy worms.